ISO 9001:2008 is the latest version of the generally acknowledged quality management standard. It provides shareholders, customers and other involved parties with certainty that an organization under evaluation performs its activities on the basis of properly defined and efficiently performed processes. More information
The new service, Long-Term Docs from Software602, automatically applies legal certifications and future-proof formatting to your digital documents. All in one simple package.
Owners of important electronic documents can depend on the fact that their documents will be readable and legally valid 10 or 30 years from now - when they store them with the help of the Long -Term Docs service just launched by Software602. Long -Term Docs users store their secured documents anywhere, in their own storage systems or even in the cloud (Microsoft Office 365, Google Drive, etc.)
"The recently issued EU directive on electronic documents clearly states that no authority in any EU country can reject a document because it is in electronic form. It also says that electronic documents have the same weight as paper documents in demonstrating legal evidence. This same principle is in fact already implemented in numerous EU countries as part of national law - for example in the Czech Republic," said senior consultant at Software602, Martin Vondrouš. "It is also important that there are standards that describe exactly how such a document should be prepared for long-term archiving and how it should be cared for. Thanks to the Long-Term Docs service our customers are assured full compliance with the law without having to change anything. We are able to process their documents directly from where they are already stored."
Long -Term Docs is unique in that documents never leave their storage location. It is therefore possible to meet the toughest requirements for information security. The service is delivered via T-Systems’ secure cloud service and operates only on the metadata of the document, i.e. the information about the certificate authority that issued the certificate used for the signature, the expiration date of the certificate, hash control, etc. It is impossible to determine the contents of the saved document using any of this data.
Another unique feature of Long-Term Docs is the ability to verify documents with electronic signatures from every qualified certification authority in the EU. In addition to the usual text documents, the service can also process pictures, videos and any kind of other data from business information systems.
Long -Term Docs offers the following features:
- Checks that the format of the document meets the specifications PDF/A (an ISO-standard format that guarantees that the document can be opened and read in the future regardless of software changes)
- Automatically converts documents to PDF/A
- Checks whether the document contains data and attachments necessary for future authentication, automatically connecting any missing data/metadata
- Checks the validity of electronic signature certificates from all accredited Certification Authorities in the EU
- Applies electronic signature and/or timestamp in case either are missing
- Regularly checks and attaches "fresh" timestamps to maintain the legal continuity of digital documents